USB keyboard with ubuntu fai

Carl Caum sleepkreep at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 05:24:41 CET 2007

Hello all.  I'm using FAI to deploy Ubuntu and have gotten some new
Dell core 2 duo machines to deploy.  I've never been able to use USB
keyboards during an FAI installation.  I've never cared because I
could easily plug in a PS/2 keyboard.  However the new Dell's do not
have PS/2 ports on them and I suddenly am in need of figuring out why
USB keyboards don't work.  I'm running fai-server version 2.10.5 with
2.6.15.6-ubuntu1-fai-kernels_1_i386 for running install kernel.  My
pxelinux.cfg/default file looks like:

default fai-generated

label fai-generated
kernel vmlinuz-2.6.15.6-ubuntu1-fai-kernels
append ip=:::::: nfsroot=(boot_server_ip):/usr/lib/fai/nfsroot-ubuntu
FAI_ACTION=install root=/dev/nfs
FAI_FLAGS=verbose,sshd,syslogd,reboot,createvt

Any ideas?