FAI partitioning.

Ralph Crongeyer ralph at crongeyer.com
Tue Jan 16 21:41:03 CET 2007

Thanks for the help on this everyone.
I have another question about SW RAID and FAI.
I found this online
http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/fai/people/mugwump/lvmraid/examples/simple/disk_c
onfig/MIRRORED?op=file&rev=0&sc=0

Is this the current way to set this up?

I think I need to do this in "/srv/fai/config/disk_config/FAIBASE":

disk_config sda
primary  swap           2000    rw ; raid(1,md0)
primary  /boot          500     rw ; -c -j ext3 raid(1,md1)
primary  /              5000    rw,errors=remount-ro ; -c -j ext3 raid
(1,md2)
logical  /var/log       10000   rw ; -c -j ext3 raid(1,md3)
logical  /var/log/apache 0-      rw ; -c -j ext3 raid(1,md4)

disk_config sdb
primary  -          2000                ; raid(1,md0)
primary  -          500                 ; raid(1,md1)
primary  -          5000                ; raid(1,md2)
logical  -          10000               ; raid(1,md3)
logical  -          0-                  ; raid(1,md4)

to get this result:

config# cat /proc/mdstat
Personalities : [raid1]
md4 : active raid1 sda6[0] sdb6[1]