installation time needed for gnome and scrollkeeper

Wed Feb 14 12:05:44 CET 2007

    > I just finish a new FAI server based on etch and the installation times
    > are horrible (>4000 seconds) and as far as I can see the time is consumed
    > by endless runs of "gconf*" and scrollkeeper.
Just did a test using etch on a P4 2.6Ghz with 1GB RAM and a 120GB
hard disk using the simple examples (with GNOME and XORG) from FAI 3.1.6.

.
.
The install took 556 seconds.
Calling task_chboot

So, there must be wrong in your environment.
Read the log files and check if your disk has DMA enabled and
check DNS.