installation time needed for gnome and scrollkeeper

Oliver Osburg osburg at osburg.org
Tue Feb 13 20:30:11 CET 2007

* Thomas Lange <lange at informatik.Uni-Koeln.DE> [070213 19:47]:

>     > I just finish a new FAI server based on etch and the installation times
>     > are horrible (>4000 seconds) and as far as I can see the time is consumed
>     > by endless runs of "gconf*" and scrollkeeper.
>
> My etch installation on a AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 3100+ with SATA
> disk. I installed nearly 1.5GB of software (but no scrollkeeper and no
> gnome).
>
>    The install took 465 seconds.

Yes, all works fine as long as I leave out gnome. I should poste that to
a gnome list, I know but I hoped that someone can give me a hint what
actually is going on while install this crap. It's nice, and my users
like it, but the installation is pure pita.

And I just can't leave out gnome...

regards Oliver

--
 *  Oliver Osburg    -     Software and System Architect  *
 *  email: osburg at osburg.org     phone: +49 179 50 76 784 *