Strange error w/ fai-mirror

Michael Tautschnig tautschn at model.in.tum.de
Thu Feb 8 12:02:48 CET 2007

[...]
> >To really fix it please file a bug with the Debian BTS to get this issue
> >solved
> >as soon as possible, it probably doesn't even take too much effort.
> >
> For this bug I would report that fai-mirror fails when detecting two
> archs in a mirror?  That seems like one bug (i.e. better error
> message).  I also think I'm going to read into this a little more (when
> i have time) to see if I can figure out why fai-mirror is populating
> /srv/fai/mirror with more than one arch or would that type of
> investigation be generally discouraged? (I'm a bit new to open source
> and contributing to projects, but would like to help more if i could)

Such an investigation is never discouraged, at least not within Debian, rather
the converse is true: Whenever you find some bug or way to improve the software,
this will be highly appreciated.

It would be cool if you could file a bug report, such that this issue gets
documented (publically), feel free to add the information that you are already
investigating this issue.

Thanks for your efforts,