No kernel installed with amd64 setup

Vincent Batoufflet vincent at buf.fr
Fri Aug 24 15:27:30 CEST 2007

Thomas Lange wrote:

>     > The only noticeable error I have found in 'software.log' is: Couldn't
>     > find any package whose name or description matched "linux-image-486",
>     > the one reported in 'shell.log'.
>
>     > In my /var/log/fai/current/FAI_CLASSES I have:
>
>     > DEFAULT
>     > LINUX
>     > AMD64
>     > FAIBASE
>     > DHCPC
>     > GRUB
>     > work118
>     > LAST
>
> Salut Vincent,
>
> this looks very good. Is your sources.list for the client OK? Please
> check using the command "file /tmp/target/sbin/ifconfig" (during
> installation) if you are really installing 64bit packages or maybe only 32bit.
>
> If you join the IRC chnnel #fai on irc.debian.org I can help you much
> quicker, you can then also post more logs to paste.debian.net.

Hi,

Sorry for this late resposne, I was very busy those days. I have solved
my problem. It was a bad configuration parameter in my
/srv/fai/nfsroot/etc/fai/fai.conf.

Thanks a lot for your help, and sorry for this false problem ;)

--
Vincent Batoufflet

Buf Compagnie
3 rue Roquepine 75008 Paris, FRANCE
tel +33 1 42 68 18 28 - fax +33 1 42 68 18 29