fai-setup fails : chroot pb

Jean-Paul BALOCHE jpbaloche at alcidian.net
Fri Aug 10 14:35:48 CEST 2007

Hi everybody,

I'm setting up fai 3.1.8 on a debian 4.0 and when I run the fai-setup
command, it fails.
Here is the error message : "W: Failure trying to run: chroot
/srv/fai/nfsroot mount -t proc proc /proc
Aborting"

When I try manualy to execute this command, it fails to :
FAIDEB40:/srv/fai# chroot /srv/fai/nfsroot/
chroot: cannot run command `/bin/bash': No such file or directory

so I copied the /bin directory into /srv/fai/nfsroot, but it is the same ?

What am I doing wrong ? Have you got an Idea ?

thanks for your help.

Jean-Paul

For more details, you will find below all the logs :

FAIDEB40:/srv/fai# fai-setup -vv
Account $LOGUSER=fai already exists.
Make sure that all install clients can
log into this account without a password.
/var/log/fai/.ssh/known_hosts remained unchanged.
/var/log/fai/.ssh/authorized_keys created.
User account fai set up.
Using configuration files from /etc/fai
Creating FAI nfsroot in /srv/fai/nfsroot.
By default it needs more than 250 MBytes disk space.
This may take a long time.
/srv/fai/nfsroot already exists. Removing /srv/fai/nfsroot
Creating base system using debootstrap version 0.3.3.2
Calling debootstrap etch /srv/fai/nfsroot
http://192.168.1.203/debmirror/debian
I: Retrieving Release
I: Retrieving Packages
I: Retrieving Packages
I: Resolving dependencies of required packages...
I: Resolving dependencies of base packages...