Parallel FAI installations for sarge and etch on a sarge machine

Henning Sprang henning_sprang at gmx.de
Thu Aug 2 11:32:05 CEST 2007

Holger Levsen wrote:
> [...]
> That said, two nfsroots and two /etc/fai-$foo should also work, I've used it
> happily.

Fully agreed!

I only recommend using a single nfsroot because he doesn't have to setup
different nfsroots in dhcp and wherever for different install clients.
And all the scripts can rely on having the same prerequisites for
programs they use from the nfsroot.

It might have other pro's to use two nfsroots which I did not yet find -
I stopped doing it that way as soon as I found it works also with one
single :)

Henning