any network drivers missing in fai-kernels?

Holger Levsen debian at layer-acht.org
Tue Nov 14 20:47:32 CET 2006

Hi,

On Tuesday 14 November 2006 13:56, Steffen Grunewald wrote:
> Why limit to network?

Network needs to be compiled into the kernel, while the rest can be modules.
Thats the only diff.

> It might (is!) useful to have common RAID controllers
> supported by FAI as well - 3ware (7000/8000 series, and 9000 series), and

Can you please tell me the name of the option?

> Areca (arcmsr, has to be included by hand from
> ftp://ftp.areca.com.tw/RaidCards/AP_Drivers/Linux/DRIVER/SourceCode/) come
> to mind...

No way, sorry. We use the standard debian kernel source tree.

> it might also make sense to activate IPMI support.

Can you please tell me the name of the option and what it does?

> > And please, if you have such a request, open a bug against fai-kernels.
> > If you just reply to this mail, I'll forward it to the BTS! :)  (Because
> > we are late in the release process and changes should be tracked properly
> > now.)
> Feel free to do so :)

Actually it would help me, if you would file seperate bugs yourself. *You*
know how to do that ;) And isn't it nicer to share the work?

regards,
	Holger