any network drivers missing in fai-kernels?

Steffen Grunewald steffen.grunewald at aei.mpg.de
Tue Nov 14 13:56:17 CET 2006

Moin,

On Mon, Nov 13, 2006 at 07:45:33PM +0100, Holger Levsen wrote:
> I'm about to upload a new version of fai-kernels, based on 2.6.18. Since we
> dont need to care about the 1.44mb kernel-size (there are now configs for
> floppies so the few users who need to actually fit on this size can+have to
> build their own package), I could add more drivers to the kernel.
>
> Do you know of any (network) drivers which are missing in 2.6.18?

Why limit to network? It might (is!) useful to have common RAID controllers
supported by FAI as well - 3ware (7000/8000 series, and 9000 series), and
Areca (arcmsr, has to be included by hand from ftp://ftp.areca.com.tw/RaidCards/AP_Drivers/Linux/DRIVER/SourceCode/)
come to mind... it might also make sense to activate IPMI support.

> And please, if you have such a request, open a bug against fai-kernels. If you
> just reply to this mail, I'll forward it to the BTS! :)  (Because we are late
> in the release process and changes should be tracked properly now.)

Feel free to do so :)

Cheers
 Steffen