any network drivers missing in fai-kernels?

Holger Levsen debian at layer-acht.org
Mon Nov 13 19:45:33 CET 2006

Hi,

I'm about to upload a new version of fai-kernels, based on 2.6.18. Since we
dont need to care about the 1.44mb kernel-size (there are now configs for
floppies so the few users who need to actually fit on this size can+have to
build their own package), I could add more drivers to the kernel.

Do you know of any (network) drivers which are missing in 2.6.18?

You can checkout the fai-kernels package anonymously from svn with the
following command:

svn co svn://svn.debian.org/svn/fai/people/h01ger/fai-kernels/

Then look into kernel-config-2.6.(i386|amd64|powerpc) and see if "your" driver
is missing.

Thanks!

I will probably (let someone) upload the package today anyway - but doing
another upload with more drivers later is no issue :)

And please, if you have such a request, open a bug against fai-kernels. If you
just reply to this mail, I'll forward it to the BTS! :)  (Because we are late
in the release process and changes should be tracked properly now.)

regards,
	Holger