FAI and NFS... please help troubleshoot

Yaroslav Halchenko yoh at psychology.rutgers.edu
Sat May 27 08:55:54 CEST 2006

Thank you Thomas for the hint -- it pushed me in the right direction
after hours of being stuck ;-)

to make store short, to make it work, I had to comment out that call to
dhclient:

get_dhcp_info() {

    boot=1
#    dhclient -lf /dev/null $netdevices >>$bootlog 2> $LOGDIR/dhclient.log
#    killall dhclient
}

otherwise that call on right network interface seems to drop the box off
the network for some reason. After I commented it out it went through
nicely ;)

Thank you for your help

P.S. I am really eager to see support for different distributions (ie
sarge/etch/sid) -- at the moment, since neither fai-setup nor
make-fai-nfsroot take anything else than
/etc/fai/fai.conf,make-fai-nfsroot.conf,sources.list, it gets very hard
to implement it (I am doing it semi-automatically, have .common files
and .$dist files incluging commongs, appropriate .$dist files gets
copied into the main ones during setup). Also to make it clean,
corresponding classess (SARGE, SID,ETCH) have to be defined within fai
install process so configuration can be tuned accordingly without
duplicating the scripts for different dists. For instance sarge
has kernel-image and etch and sid already linux-image..

--
Yaroslav Halchenko
Research Assistant, Psychology Department, Rutgers-Newark