FAI and NFS... please help troubleshoot

Fri May 26 14:23:19 CEST 2006

    > For the client I've tried to switch to tcp and nfs v3 -- at some point
    > it suceeded after few "still trying" messages,
Have a look at this problem. Why does it only work after several tries?

    > May 25 17:44:18 raider mountd[4145]: authenticated mount request from node26.ravana.rutgers.edu:1023 for /home/fai/nfsroot/amd64.sid (/home/fai/nfsroot)

    > Calling task_confdir
    > Kernel parameters: ip=dhcp devfs=nomount FAI_ACTION=install console=ttyS0,115200n8 root=/dev/nfs nfsroot=/home/fai/nfsroot/amd64.sid,tcp,v3 FAI_FLAGS=verbose,sshd,reb
    > nfs: server 10.0.0.249 not responding, still trying
    > nfs: server 10.0.0.249 not responding, still trying
Does your client has multiple network devices?
IMO it's in get-boot-info. there we call dhclient $netdevices. This
may cause you network setup to get faulty. Add a set -xv command into
this script, so you see what happens inside get-boot-info.