Best way to install backports with FAI

David Riddle driddle at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 15:20:44 CET 2006

Thomas,

> Seems that apt-get does not support it, or your sources.list is not
> correct.
Thomas Lange <lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de>

I have included a copy of my preferences and sources.list file from
/etc/fai as attachments.

> Currently not, because I think apt-get and aptitude support the
> packagename/distro and so fai do not need to do their work.
Thomas Lange <lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de>

I think the problem is the lack of the -t option. I based my script on
the instructions from backports.org here is the link:

http://www.backports.org/instructions.html

It appears based on the instructions that the -t option is needed when
a package contains several dependencies that are not in sarge. If you
see any problems in my config files or can think of a work around I
would be happy to hear it.

Thanks,

David Riddle
driddle at gmail.com