Best way to install backports with FAI

Fri Mar 24 14:46:59 CET 2006

    > PACKAGES install
    > x-window-system-core/sarge-backports

    > Now I tired running "fai-mirror -a /srv/export/mirror" but I received
    > the following error message:

    >> WARNING: These unknown packages are removed from the installation list:
    >> x-window-system-core/sarge-backports

Seems that apt-get does not support it, or your sources.list is not
correct.

    > I also tried changing "PACKAGES install" to "PACKAGES aptitude" but I
    > received the following error message:
    >> The following packages have unmet dependencies:
    >> x-window-system-core: Depends: xserver-xorg but it is not installable
    >> ERROR: 65280 65280
You have to fix the broken dependencies in a proper way. Do not try to
fix it by added all the packages by hand. apt-get and aptitude had to
do this work for you. I'm pretty sure the your sources.lsit or
apt_pinning is not correct.

    > Is their a way to pass the -t option to apt-get via the package
    > config files?
Currently not, because I think apt-get and aptitude support the
packagename/distro and so fai do not need to do their work.