Gentoo as install server

Thu Jun 22 10:27:41 CEST 2006

    > I'm planning to make use of my laptop running Gentoo Linux as my FAI
    > install server and the distribution to be installed to the fresh

    > Would it be possible and practical?
Yes. But it's a little bit more manual work to set up the install
server. Get the fai-cd iso image. Extract the nfsroot from it and put
it on your Gentoo system. Inside the nfsroot you have to adjust the
files in /etc/fai. Then NFS export it and set up DCHP and TFTP so your
client can boot from it. It would be nice to have the fai-chboot
command on your Gentoo install server, for creating the pxelinux.cfg
files.