Gentoo as install server

Henning Sprang henning_sprang at gmx.de
Mon Jun 26 15:06:55 CEST 2006

On 6/22/06, Thomas Lange <lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de> wrote:

>     > I'm planning to make use of my laptop running Gentoo Linux as my FAI
>     > install server and the distribution to be installed to the fresh
>
>     > Would it be possible and practical?
> Yes. But it's a little bit more manual work to set up the install
> server. Get the fai-cd iso image.
> [...]

Wouldn't it also be possible to run make-fai-nfsroot natively on any
linux distribution that can run debootsrap?

I'd think only fai-setup _maybe_ has some things that require
configuration files in the location where they are in Debian.
I assume this still requires some prior experience with FAI - it can
get quite hard if this is the first time you try FAI...

Henning