Windows Partition has to be preserved

Michael Tautschnig tautschn at model.in.tum.de
Mon Jun 12 18:21:12 CEST 2006

> Hi there,
>
> i have the following problem.
>
> We have a running Windows-system here, with three partitions. One primary,
> two logical. A forth logical one is reserved for the Debian installation
> with FAI.
>
> My config-file looks like that:
>
> disk_config disk1
>
> primary     -         preserve1     ro
> primary     /         50-10000     rw;error=remount-ro     ;-j ext3
> logical      -          preserve5     ro
> logical     -             preserve6     ro ;
> logical     swap     1000
> logical     /home     50-             rw                             ;-j
> ext3
>
> But I 've got a error message saying this: cannot copy disk_var.sh to
> directory...
At what point of the installation is it saying so? After running all scripts?
What version of FAI are you using?

> If I comment out the first line of the above disk_config it works!!!

Do you mean the line "primary     -         preserve1     ro"? In this case you
will lose your Windows partition...

> So how has the disk_config file look like, that it works?

Your disk_config looks fine, this may be a bug in FAI; however, it is a minor
issue that won't affect your system at all. Actually, I don't know the reason
why this file is copied at all.

Regards,