AW: Windows Partition has to be preserved

Peter Burger peter.burger at student.fh-reutlingen.de
Mon Jun 12 22:22:32 CEST 2006

I'm using FAI 2.10.1 with FAI-Kernel 1.10.3.

The error-message comes up after:

Calling task_partition:
'Here is the partition table'
Setup_harddisks version 0.38fai
Probing disks = /dev/hda
Disks found: hda.
Using config file: /fai/disk_config/FAIBASE
Mapping disk name disk1 to hda
Creating partition table: LC_ALL=C sfdisk -q /dev/hda <
/var/log/fai/current/partition.hda
Cp: cannot stat '/var/log/fai/current/disk_var.sh': No such file or
directory
Setup_harddisks did not create /var/log/fai/current/disk_var.sh file.
... and the system stops there.

Another fact is, if I use the same disk_config/FAIBASE and there is no
Windows XP installed on the machine, it works!!!! Maybe there is some
trouble with the partitioning Windows vs. Linux (sfdisk)?!?

Yes, I know that I loose the data, if i comment out the first line, but it
doesn't matter. It is only a test-system with a blank Win XP installation.
But I should do the same procedure with 30 other boxes, and there, the data
on the Windows partitions is critical.

Have you an idea what is going wrong there?

Thx Peter