make-fai-nfsroot exits with error

Holger Levsen debian at layer-acht.org
Tue Jan 10 13:09:41 CET 2006

Hi,

On Tuesday 10 January 2006 12:45, Eugen Paiuc wrote:
> ee at p22:~$ nano /mnt/etc/fai/make-fai-nfsroot.conf
>
> # FAI needs these packages that are installed into the nfsroot
> packages="fai-nfsroot module-init-tools ...."

Ahh. make-fai-nfsroot.conf defines _two_ variables, which determine which
packages should be installed in the nfsroot:

# your extra packages which will be installed into the nfsroot, space
separated
NFSROOT_PACKAGES="cfengine expect kudzu"

# FAI needs these packages that are installed into the nfsroot
packages="fai-nfsroot module-init-tools dhcp3-client ssh file rdate hwinfo
portmap
bootpc rsync wget rsh-client less dump reiserfsprogs usbutils
psmisc pciutils hdparm smartmontools parted mdadm lvm2
dnsutils ntpdate dosfstools cvs jove xfsprogs xfsdump
sysutils dialog discover mdetect libnet-perl netcat libapt-pkg-perl"

So I guess I will file a wishlist-bug to join those two variables as this is
less errorprone.

regards,
	Holger