make-fai-nfsroot exits with error

Eugen Paiuc eug_paiuc at bluewin.ch
Tue Jan 10 14:05:38 CET 2006

Holger Levsen a écrit :

>Hi,
>
>On Tuesday 10 January 2006 12:45, Eugen Paiuc wrote:
>

>>ee at p22:~$ nano /mnt/etc/fai/make-fai-nfsroot.conf
>>
>># FAI needs these packages that are installed into the nfsroot
>>packages="fai-nfsroot module-init-tools ...."
>>

>Ahh. make-fai-nfsroot.conf defines _two_ variables, which determine which
>packages should be installed in the nfsroot:
>
># your extra packages which will be installed into the nfsroot, space
>separated
>NFSROOT_PACKAGES="cfengine expect kudzu"
>
># FAI needs these packages that are installed into the nfsroot
>packages="fai-nfsroot module-init-tools dhcp3-client ssh file rdate hwinfo
>portmap
>bootpc rsync wget rsh-client less dump reiserfsprogs usbutils
>psmisc pciutils hdparm smartmontools parted mdadm lvm2
>dnsutils ntpdate dosfstools cvs jove xfsprogs xfsdump
>sysutils dialog discover mdetect libnet-perl netcat libapt-pkg-perl"
>

>So I guess I will file a wishlist-bug to join those two variables

No,   it's right how they are in  make-fai-nfsroot.conf .

Because thats variables are completely different;

_"extra"_ packages and _"needs"_ packages are "_standards_" in apt-get/dpkg -i proccesses.

If you  like to fil a bug against fai-nfsroot is in other point.

fai-nfsroot brack _dpkg_ on the box where fai-2.9 is installed.
It can be only installed  in chroot !

http://www.debian.ro/forum/viewtopic.php?forum=3&showtopic=676

regards,

Eugen