Problems with nfs mounts.

Kai-Felix Braun kai_braun at gmx.de
Tue Oct 4 20:27:11 CEST 2005

> > The complete message visible on the client before abort was:
> >
> > Reading /tmp/fai/boot.log
> > mount : can't get address for atom00
> /etc/fai/fai.conf on your install server configured your NFSROOT to mount
> from
> the host atom00 - which most probably doesn't exist in your network -
> either set
> up DNS such that atom00 maps to your install server's IP or set the IP in
> fai.conf and rebuild the NFSROOT or modify it directly in
> /usr/lib/fai/nfsroot/etc/fai/fai.conf.

I have changed installserver=atom00 to installserver=192.168.42.250,
 made another fai-setup and the installation finishes, haleluja !
After fai-chboot -o atom01 and manually rebooting I am getting a grub>
prompt on the client but I cannot login from the server, not with
rsh, ssh to atom01 or 192.168.42.1. Another entry missing ?
Also I cannot find any error.log, the client stated there were errors.
Where do I look ? The faimond did not display anything during installation.
Regards
Kai