Final steps...

Lorenzo Campo lorenzo118 at interfree.it
Tue Nov 22 18:56:57 CET 2005

Hi,
I copied class/20-hwdetect.source in my class directory and now it recognize disks and completes
succesfully, but... it doesn't work! If I reset without any change (that is, keeping LAN as 1st
boot device) it tries again to get messages by DHCP but it fails sayng it can't find linux
kernel. If I reset by putting Hard disk as 1st boot device, it halts by just saying "error in
whole procedure: as I understood FAI boot the node on a ramdisk, download an archive that
contains everything is contained in /usr/lib/fai/nfsroot (on the master) and untar it, then it
copies it (after a formattin according to disk_setup) on the hard-disk creating a little
operating system, then it download every other package it needs by the local debian mirror I
created on the master. Is this sequence correct? If not, there is something elsedI have to do (I
can't find anything useful on the manual...)?
Thank you for your help!
Lorenzo