Final steps...

Michael Tautschnig michael.tautschnig at zt-consulting.com
Wed Nov 23 00:51:45 CET 2005

> Hi,
> I copied class/20-hwdetect.source in my class directory and now it
> recognize disks and completes succesfully, but... it doesn't work! If I
> reset without any change (that is, keeping LAN as 1st boot device) it tries
> again to get messages by DHCP but it fails sayng it can't find linux
> kernel. If I reset by putting Hard disk as 1st boot device, it halts by
> just saying "error in loading operating system" like if the hard disk is
> empty. So, maybe I didn't understand the whole procedure: as I understood
[...] (yes, you did)

Most probably, the problem is that no boot loader got installed; and I think
that the problem lies in your beowulf-example - I don't know, if this example is
maintained at all...

You you please start a new config by copying from the simple-example and then
merging all your changes from your current config-tree? This should result in a
proper grub-installation ...

Best regards,