FAI behaviour changed?

Steffen Grunewald steffen.grunewald at aei.mpg.de
Tue May 24 12:24:23 CEST 2005

On Tue, May 24, 2005 at 11:44:18AM +0200, Steffen Grunewald wrote:
> Hi,
>
> after a long time at 2.6.x, I by mistake upgraded FAI on my install
> server to 2.8. Now the class-specific package_config files are read
> as I can check in fai.log but obviously they are superseded by
> tasksel's:
>
> Within FAISERVER, there are "fai" and "fai-kernels" but they don't show
> up in the package listing below. Neither do the 3ware utilities defined
> in RAID*, nor does "nedit" etc.

Gngngngn. One should *never* try to work seriously when still in the middle
of curing a bad cold.
Obviously, the first part of software installation (which is indeed the
tasksel one) not all packages are installed. OK. I didn't wait long enough
then. Somehow magically after 15 minutes the missing packages appeared
(when I had fixed some missing PACKAGES install lines :-((( )

But another minor thing showed up: sometimes it would be handy to 'patch'
the current setup - not using cfengine but simple patch. Could it be added
to the nfsroot setup by default?

Another piece of nice news to conclude: I don't need to comment out/
reactivate xfs mount lines in /etc fstab anymore (in mountdisks and
configure hooks). At least this holds for the 2.4.27 install kernel.
Very nice!

Cheers, and sorry for the false alarm
 Steffen

--
Steffen Grunewald * MPI fuer Gravitationsphysik (Albert-Einstein-Institut)
SciencePark Golm, Am Mühlenberg 1, D-14476 Potsdam * http://www.aei.mpg.de