The groundhog installation...

Tue May 3 10:08:56 CEST 2005

    > error.log and the other logs are OK), but fai-chboot doesn't rename
    > the file /boot/fai/pxelinux.cfg/CA095601 into
    > /boot/fai/pxelinux.cfg/CA095601.disable. I have tried to debug the
Try this on the install client during the installation:

rsh -l fai <install server>

Does this work without giving a password? It should work (unless your
want to use ssh instead of rsh), otherwise the root account from the
install client can't log into the install server to call fai-chboot.

Also check if the account fai on the install server has write
permissions in the directory /boot/fai/pxelinux.cfg.

    > but when I submit the same string a second time, the output is not the
    > same. Have I missed some point or am I going mad ?...
It's because crypt uses a salt with is different during the second
call. Read the man page of mkpasswd again. You can also give the salt
on the command line.

    > By the way, how do I know which type of encryption I should use
    > (default ? md5 ?).
You have to decide this by your own.

    > Thank you for your patience.
Please do not forget the FAI questionnaire ;-)