solaris-fai-2.8.4 broken

Thu Jun 16 09:59:39 CEST 2005

    > Hi all,
    > today i tried to install solaris with fai 2.8.4, but it turned out,
    > that it's not working out of the box.
    > The start and finish script in /fai-2.8.4/sunos/ won't work, because
    > fai_init and other subroutines changed a lot (e.g. do_init_tasks).
I will not spend much time in maintaining the sunos part of FAI, since
I'm not using it any more. If the new features of fai are not
important to sunos, just use the old FAI version for installing
Solaris. I also do not like to make major changes to the fai script
just for making sunos work again out of the box. So I prefer that you
make the changes only to the sunos part of fai and send me the
patches. Since IMO the sunos part of fai is not used very often, I can
not guarantee that you patches will be applied to FAI. I already
thought about dropping the Solaris installations.