Feature request: Disable faimond

Michael Tautschnig michael.tautschnig at zt-consulting.com
Thu Jun 2 21:23:39 CEST 2005

Hello!

I'm having the following problem: fai tries to connect to faimond (in
task_confdir) on $monserver, which is set to $SERVER due to

    # check if monitor server is available
    [ -z "$monserver" ] && monserver=$SERVER

In my case, this is problematic for two reasons:
- I'm using multiple DHCP-servers, so it tries to connect to the one, who
  responded first and
- I have iptables DROP-rules on all servers and thus the following connection
  attempt using netcat takes a long long time (until it times out).

Of course, there are multiple ways for me to solve the problem, but I simply do
not see the point, why monserver is set to $SERVER, if it is undefined. Is this
feature used by anybody?

Please let me know, if I should just fix it for myself ...

Thanks,