mkdebmirror problem

Nicolas Triantafillou nick at uow.edu.au
Mon Jul 4 08:39:58 CEST 2005

Hi all,

I've been working on this most of today, trying different mirroring
programs and not having much luck, so I thought i'd go back to
mkdebmirror and try and get some help. Hopefully it's user error and
easily fixed ;-)

I've installed debmirror via apt, version "20050207", and i've modified
mkdebmirror to this:

debug="$@"
arch=i386
dist=sarge,sarge-proposed-updates
destdir=/mirror
update_from mirror.aarnet.edu.au
update_from ftp.au.debian.org

I've also added a '-v' in allopt=" because I was getting an error, namely:

<snip>
[0%] Getting: dists/sarge/Release
[0%] Getting: dists/sarge/Release.gpg
gpg: Signature made Mon Jun  6 12:22:54 2005 EST using DSA key ID 4F368D5D
Release signature does not verify.
</snip>

..and then it jumps to the next update site and gives the same error
without downloading anything.

I've put up the full error msg (to save your mailbox from excessive
spam) at http://www.uow.edu.au/~nick/mkdebmirror.txt

mkdebmirror is straight from
http://www.informatik.uni-koeln.de/fai/download/mkdebmirror, so the
allopt= line does contain --ignore-release-gpg so I can't see why this
is occuring.

Any ideas on this? I've also tried google/mailing list search and
couldn't find anything similar.

Cheers,

Nicolas.