fai-cd is not booting with custom config

Henning Sprang henning_sprang at gmx.de
Sun Jul 3 20:30:43 CEST 2005

Hi,

On Sun, 2005-07-03 at 17:27 +0200, Henning Sprang wrote:

> >     > trying to locate cdrom: no ATAPI CD-ROM drives found
> >     > searching for installed SCSI adapters...
> >     > /linuxrc: 561: cannot create: Directory nonexistent
> >     > /linuxrc: 561: cannot open: no such file
> >     > /linuxrc: 561: wc: not found
> >     > /linuxrc: 561: yes: not found
> >     > /linuxrc: 561: cannot create: Directory nonexistent
> >     > /linuxrc: 561: head: not found
> >     > /linuxrc: 561: cannot create: Directory nonexistent
> > Mmmm, as far as I can remember we had also similar problems when
> > creating the LinuxTag DVD with FAI. Add verbose to the kernel command
> > line to get more verbose messages.
>
> That doesn't lead to any further information.
> In fact, I tried again with the simple examples, and that didn't work
> either. It has been a while since I made a cd that worked, unfortunately
> I can't find it anymore, probably it was an older FAI version, which I'm
> gonna try now.

update to this one: with a clean fai 2.8.4 install and nothing changed
but the correct faiserver hostname in /etc/fai.conf I can make a cd with
simple examples, that boots just fine.

I get the same error as above as soon as i change the KERNELPACKAGE
variable in /etc/fai/make-fai-nfsroot.conf, to use the
kernel-image-2.6.8-fai_1_i386.deb kernel image, ( and not forget to
create a new nfsroot!!!) and then a new cd.

Gonna try this later, but my custom config cd will probably work just
fine with a 2.4 FAI Kernel.

Bug report on it's way.

Henning