mkdebmirror problem

Dominik Kasprzyk dk at star.sr.bham.ac.uk
Mon Jul 4 17:31:57 CEST 2005

You can fix this by importing the correct gpg keys for the Debian archive (if that is what you're using) with the following command:

gpg --recv-keys 38C6029A 4F368D5D

This grabs the Debian main and non-us keys and enables the gpg problem to be avoided.  You might also need the debian-keyring package for the command to work if gpg doesn't automatically grab them off the net.

If you run this command from a script on a newly installed system, be warned, the first run of gpg sets up its user files and does nothing.

Admittedly, the error should be bypassed by adding --ignore-relase-gpg as that's how I've got around it in the past so if you have it in there I'm a little confused as to why it's not working.  I do remember getting this error when getting the source I was copying from wrong (i.e. the relase files weren't where it thought they were so of course they didn't verify!) and in which case --ignore-missing-release should get you past that error onto others that might be more helpful, although I think it should complain about a missing packages file then aswell.

Here's a link to a working version of a file we use to sync off a local department mirror (which syncs off uk.debian.org) which was based off the 2.7 mkdebmirror script just in case that helps you:

http://www.sr.bham.ac.uk/~dk/files/mkdebmirror

Sorry I can't be more helpful,

		Dominik.