Sending DHCP requests .... timed out

Gavin Tran gavintran at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 08:33:09 CET 2005

Hi,

I've been using FAI to setup 8 clusters of Debian 3.1 Sarge.
Everything went fine until it reach the DHCP requests error.

Sending DHCP requests .... timed out !
IP-Config : Reopening network devices....

The DHCP server got my client IP address at first, for example 192.168.11.7

But then client couldn't reach the server. It sounds a little bit strange.

I have read another thread in which had same problem. I heard that
there was problem with Cisco switch in working with FAI so I've tried
to change to another hub , switch, but the problem is still there.
My ethernet card is SysKonnect Marvell (sk98lin). I've recompiled
kernel with sk98lin server integrated permanently.

Any suggestions for that problem.

Thanks in advance.

--
Gavin Tran