shadow passwords and FAI

martin f krafft madduck at madduck.net
Sun Aug 28 17:12:25 CEST 2005

also sprach martin f krafft <madduck at madduck.net> [2005.08.27.2221 +0200]:
> The problem is that at the time software is installed by FAI, shadow
> passwords are not enabled and thus /etc/shadow does not exist.

Calling `$ROOTCMD shadowconfig on` from hooks/updatebase.DEFAULT
does the trick. However, this is to basic that I believe FAI should
do it automatically, no?

  \____ echo mailto: !#^."<*>"|tr "<*> mailto:" net at madduck

invalid/expired pgp (sub)keys? use subkeys.pgp.net as keyserver!
spamtraps: madduck.bogus at madduck.net

"alas, i am dying beyond my means."
                                                        -- oscar wilde