FAI 2.8 and Ubuntu Hoary : sfdisk: cannot open /dev/hda for reading

Fri Apr 22 16:38:32 CEST 2005

    >     I don't know if this is somewhat related to the fact that Ubuntu
    > uses udev by default, but sfdisk can't open /dev/hda on the target
    > system for reading and so it can't partition the device and then the
    > installation can't go on.
Maybe the FAI setup scripts (inside the nfsroot) do not activate udev
support on the install client. The default /etc/init.d scripts are not
run by FAI. Do you know which scripts/commands are used to enable udev
support?