FAI 2.8 and Ubuntu Hoary : sfdisk: cannot open /dev/hda for reading

Andre Luis Lopes andrelop at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 16:33:07 CEST 2005

Hi all,

    After fixing the generation of the Ubunut Hoary 5.04 nfsroot, I
managed to build a fai boot CD using make-fai-bootfloppy and I'm trying
to install a target system booting the target system with this CD.

    I don't know if this is somewhat related to the fact that Ubuntu
uses udev by default, but sfdisk can't open /dev/hda on the target
system for reading and so it can't partition the device and then the
installation can't go on.

    Does someone have an idea about what could be happening or does
someone had experience doing this ? I mean, installing Ubuntu Hoary 5.04
using FAI deployed in a Sarge install server ?

    I'm already following the instructions at
http://www.sprang.de/wiki/index.php/Ubuntu_install_with_FAI .

--
André Luís Lopes
andrelop at gmail.com