is there anybody out there?

Michael Tautschnig michael.tautschnig at zt-consulting.com
Wed Oct 13 09:57:20 CEST 2004

> Thanks guys,
> I'm actually trying to install fai on debian stable woody system.
> After apt-get update the version of FAI is 2.6.3.
> I suppose to set up all correctly, but when my pxe-diskless client would try
> to boot i see in the messages FAI Server the dhcp that never sent a DHCPACK
> my FAI modules.
I'm sorry, but I don't really get the point - why should the "FAI Server"
(probably you mean the host, dhcpd, nfsd, etc. are running on) send a
DHCPACK to some "modules" - do you mean your FAI-client-hosts? Did you
mean a DHCPOFFER?

Could you please provide some logs or at least the exact error-messages?

Thanks,