NVIDIA - discover display

Steffen Grunewald steffen.grunewald at aei.mpg.de
Thu Nov 18 08:59:28 CET 2004

Hi Manu, hi Paul,

On Wed, Nov 17, 2004 at 06:35:42PM -0500, Paul Nijjar wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Nov 2004, Emmanuel.Leguy wrote:
>
> > My fai client has a NVIDIA GeForce4 and the fai installation does not
> > detect it. In fact, the 06hwdetect.source script uses "discover" which
> > cannot detect nvidia cards. 'discover' is run like this:
> >
> > discover --data-path=xfree86/server/device/driver display
> >
> > Can i add nvidia to the drivers list? How?
>
> 	If you can identify the machines with Nvidia cards some other way
> it may be best to define an NVIDIA class, and then manually set the
> videodrv variable in NVIDIA.var .

That's why I added another script to the class directory that goes
through lspci output (look for "nVidia .* GeForce4" or so) and also
parses the ACPI: lines in dmesg.log to find out about the mainboard
(important for lm_sensors configuration)...
It can be done more easily than fixing discover stuff, I guess.

CHeers,
 Steffen

--
Steffen Grunewald * * * Merlin cluster admin (http://pandora.aei.mpg.de)