questions about install

Rudy Gevaert rgevaert at elis.ugent.be
Fri Nov 19 19:54:28 CET 2004

Hi,

After some troubles I finaly managed to get an unattended install
running. I can't get netgroups running, but I got arround that for now.

I do have two questions:

I made a bootfloppy with:
make-fai-bootfloppy -vF FAI_ACTION=install

otherwise it didn't install.  Is this right? Or do I have to define it
somewhere else?  In the class directory?

Also I put FAI_CONFIGDIR=/ed/fai_configdir , and copied the files in
/usr/share/doc/fai/examples/simple/* to that directory.  I then
renamed the file demo to ant01 (my test machine).  It then installed.

Do I have to make such a file for each machine?  I don't think so.

Also I've found much more files in /usr/local/share/fai/* , are these
now used?  Can I move them to my FAI_CONFIGDIR ?

Thanks in advance,

Rudy