sample on how to do debconf integration

Thu Nov 11 16:52:34 CET 2004

    > the needed info for the postinst script. However, I'm not an expert on Debian yet,
    > so I'm not sure if this is the right approach. If it is so simple, then why isn't it
    > in FAI already?  :-)
Hi Holger,

debconf-set-selections seems to be a newer command, that was not
available in the past. Currently most of the FAI users can do their
installations without preseeding and it works well for then, since
they do their local changes with a cfengine or shell script or using
fcopy. So the pressure to implement a debconf solution for FAI was not
that high.

    > So, any comments about this?
Wooow, your solution is pretty neat. I got other solutions in the past
but they were much more complicated. So, if your hook works for most
people, it will make it into FAI soon.  Hi FAI users! Please test
Holger's hook and give feedback.