Reboots after partitioning ?

Bjørn Kastnes Bjorn.Kastnes at uninett.no
Fri Mar 5 11:25:24 CET 2004

Hi,

I have a problem during install on a SCSI-system with one 18GB disk,
after the partitioning is completed, the system reboots immediately,
probably before mounting is attempted.
I have verified that the partitions are created.

At ther moment I have no other logging than faimond, which last line is
  TASKBEGIN partition

My software:
  fai 2.5.4
  fai-kernels 1.6 i386
  kernel 2.4.24
  debian stable with updates

My  setup is using PXE-boot, and the partitioning is defined as follows

disk_config sda

primary  /fai-boot      16    rw,errors=remount-ro     ; -j ext3 -c
primary  /              512    rw,errors=remount-ro     ; -j ext3 -c
logical  swap           1024                              logical
/var           2024    rw                       ; -m 5 -j ext3
logical  /usr           4096    rw            ; -j ext3
logical  /usr/local     4096    rw            ; -j ext3
logical  /tmp           512    rw,nosuid            ; -j ext3 -m 1
logical  /home        2096    rw,nosuid        ; -j ext3 -m 0
logical  /files/scratch 0-    rw,nosuid        ; -j ext3 -i 50000 -m 1

The last output on the monitor before reboot is:

Calling task_partition
Partitioning local harddisks
SCSI device sda: . . . .
SCSI device sda  . . .