Installation stops when S01 is invoked

Andre Luis Lopes andrelop at utah.com.br
Wed Jun 23 13:22:35 CEST 2004

Jan Marquardt wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Jan,

> I just found out where exactly the questions appear.
> The questions appear while my own kernel-package is installed by the
> script.
> Is there any possibility to tell dpkg that it doesn't have to ask?

   Which question exactly ? There are many possible questions. I had a
similar problem when my kernel package stoped because it echoed depmod
errors (which were not a problem for my specific case).

   I fixed it by creating a file called
/usr/local/share/fai/files/etc/kernel-img.conf/<my-class-name> and out
the following inside it :

================================
do_symlinks = Yes
do_initrd = Yes
silent_modules=yes
clobber_modules=yes
do_boot_enable=no
# Added
ignore_depmod_err=yes

    I jus copied the example found at
/usr/local/share/fai/files/etc/kernel-img.conf/DEFAULT, renamed with my
class name and added the line :

ignore_depmod_err=yes

    Give it a try and let us know if it worked.

    Regards,

--
André Luís Lopes
andrelop at utah.com.br