Install-Client with Kernel 2.4.24

Florian Moellers moellers at informatik.Uni-Koeln.DE
Fri Jun 18 18:18:41 CEST 2004

Hi Jan,

I am not quite sure when your problems occur.
Does it happens when you try to start the installation or does it
happen when you try to boot the install client for the first time.

If it's the first case, then there are some problems with the
fai-kernel and your chipset or your HDD. Try to use the old fai-kernel
to kick-off the installation.
In the second case you are dealing with a Debian Kernel and as
mentionend before make-kpkg is your friend.

    > client, there is no harddisk detected.  The mainboard uses a
    > VIA-IDE-controller. The appendant driver is integrated as a
    > module in the kernel. If I try to load the module manually after
    > boot with insmod i get the following messages:
If it's the fai kernel, then please tell us your chipset. I just
installed a machiene with a via chipset and the via82cxxx module and
everything worked fine.

--
Regards,
Florian