Install-Client with Kernel 2.4.24

Oliver Osburg osburg at coling.uni-freiburg.de
Fri Jun 18 17:27:05 CEST 2004

Hi,

On Fr, Jun 18, 2004 at 04:35:10PM +0200, Jan Marquardt wrote:
> Hello list,
> I want to install a machine with a 2.4.24-Kernel, but I am not able to
> get it running.
> I downloaded the fai-kernels-Package (version 1.6) from debian.org and
> followed the introductions in the README-file, but when I boot the
> client, there is no harddisk detected.
> The mainboard uses a VIA-IDE-controller. The appendant driver is
> integrated as a module in the kernel. If I try to load the module
> manually after boot with insmod i get the following messages:

try to mount the modules with "modprobe", it helps if there are
dependencies with other Modules. But I cannot guarantee that this works
on your particular Hardware. If you want, I can give you a 2.4.26
Kernel (compiled by me) which has most ide drivers included. It runs here
on an ancient Pi166 up to a modern PIV in my fai installation.

> With the 2.2.20-Kernel from fai-kernels-Package (version 1.2),
> everything worked fine.

Why do you want to change it?

regards,

Oliver