fai success story

Thu Feb 5 11:29:55 CET 2004

    > I am currently selecting all packages, which shall be installed on the clients.
    > Whenever I make a mistake, or whenever some dependencies are broken, the
    > installation process stops. Then I have to resolve the problem by choosing
    > suitible  packages and restart all over again, which is a time consuming,
    > boring task.

    > This leads to my question: Is it possible to prevent apt from
    > terminating when broken dependencies arise and instead try to install
    > as much as possible?
This would be the task of apt-get. If apt-get breaks I have no chance
to fix this in install_packages. install_packages tries to determine
which package names are invalid and will remove them from the list.

You can also use chkdebnames to check the package names of your
package_config/* files. But AFAIK there's not way to check broken
dependencies. Youo'll have to wait for sarge to become stable.