a small question and a small proposed patch...

Frédéric BOITEUX fboiteux at calistel.com
Wed Feb 4 11:36:45 CET 2004

	Hello,

  I'm happily using FAI for installing some servers (through net install)
and I've recently updated my configuration to 2.5.2. I've a question about it:

Now, after Linux boot, the FAI version remains (in a bright red) on the top of
the screen, and it's difficult to track my installation bugs through the rest
of the screen. I've tried to use a wider resolution with a vga=0xXXX kernel
argument, but it doesn't work : when FAI takes place, it uses only a part
of the screen (using the same number of columns/lines than before !). Is it
a way to have more column/lines during FAI execution ?

I also patched a little the 'setup_harddisks' script to let me use options
'-L' (label), '-b' (block size) and '-v' (verbose) of mke2fs
 in the  fstab options, like :

disk_config hdc

primary  /               2048  rw,errors=remount-ro ; -b 2048 -L racine -m 2 -j -v ext3

Here is the patch (very small), could you integrate it in your next FAI
distribution, please ?

	thanks,

--
Frédéric Boiteux  -  Calistel