FAI_ACTION always set to "sysinfo" for demohost

Kai Schindelka ks at zadi.de
Fri Oct 31 16:41:15 CET 2003

   Hello Thomas, hello @ all;

>     > This is from /usr/share/fai/class/LAST.var:
>
> If your install clients use PXE boot, you do not need the LAST.var
> file. Just remove it. It's an example for people, that can't use PXE
> and fai-chboot, or BOOTP. Using the file , they can set FAI_ACTION.

ah, I see. I've seen it as a last resort to set FAI_ACTION, since it was
called on boot and setting it elsewhere didn't work either. Clearly it
turned out that that was not the problem, however.

> If this is not well documented in the fai guide, please send a patch
> for the documentation to fai at informatik.uni-koeln.de ;-)

I will try to contribute, if I can. It is the least I can do if you
spare me time. (Gr?)

Now to something completely different: client install took 325 seconds.

Thanks for the great work, so far!

--
Bye; Kai