tool to generate minimal package list

Yaroslav Halchenko debian at onerussian.com
Thu Oct 23 17:09:12 CEST 2003

Hi guys,

Can anybody give me a hint if there is such tool, because I see
necessity in such in case of FAI.

Lets say that I have a list of 100 packages, we can apt-install them but
it might be equivalent to selecting just 20 of them which reside in
Depend-tree leaves, so they will enforce installation of the rest of
packages. Or even better if that tool would partition package list into
were it belongs in tasksel lists and will report that if we just tasksel
bla, that would install 20 desired packages as well as these 10 others.

Any hints?

                                  .-.
                   Linux User    ^^-^^    [175555]
             Key  http://www.onerussian.com/gpg-yoh.asc
GPG fingerprint   3BB6 E124 0643 A615 6F00  6854 8D11 4563 75C0 24C8