hangs

Ludwig Schwardt schwardt at dsp.sun.ac.za
Wed Oct 22 00:22:49 CEST 2003

> I've got a bizarre problem - installation process if I add some more
> packages to install hangs after /etc/init.d/rcS script runs
> install_packages

I had the exact same problem (a very frustating one as well). By removing some
packages from the package_config lists, I could make it go away. But that's a
counterproductive solution. I played around with the task_instsoft routine in
subroutines-linux, to not much avail. I guess the problem arises from the huge
package lists install_package tries to handle at once - not a good idea IMO.
Can't remember, is this fixed in 2.5?

Ludwig