setup_hardisks

Mon Oct 20 11:10:28 CEST 2003

    > 1) You should pass -f option to mkxfs_options

    > 159: my $mkxfs_options = "-f";
This will be added.

    > 2) You should change behavior in preserve, so I can mount xfs.
    > It should suffice to
    > - either allow something like preserve<hda_id>xfs to specifi xfs
    >   partitions
    > - change $options to auto for preserved partitions
I do not understand why this is necessary, but send a patch to
fai at informatik.uni-koeln.de and it will look at the patch.
the keyword auto has some problems on woody, so it was not used.

    > I cannot work with ext2 as default for preserved partitions.
Ok. What if you specify xfs after the semicolon in the preserve line?

    > I also founded fai example classes to not work correctly with
    > sarge distribution - they most probably work right with woody. I
    > can contribute my example classes for sarge, if you like to have
    > them.
Yes, please send them to fai at informatik.uni-koeln.de, not to the
mailling list

    > As I'm planning to futher use fai, can you consider allowing me
    > access to fai CVS, so I can check error-fixes directly? There
    > seems to be some other errors which I most probably forget and
    > which will show up as I reinstall fai to new version.
There's read only access to the CVS tree as described in the fai
guide.