Live without NFS?

Peter Wahl Peter.Wahl at alcatel.de
Mon Oct 20 17:22:36 CEST 2003

Hello, I'd like to use FAI for automatic installation of Debian on Motorola
PowerPCs (industry rack, no console - perfect job for FAI ;-).
Unfortuneately my install server has to be a Windows 2000 machine (I know
that's a design bug - but its not my fault and I cannot change it).

As far as I understood the FAI documentation (and the list archive), there's
no way to live without NFS? I don't have an NFS server on the Windows host
and I'd like to avoid buying one ...

Or would it be possible to use tftp (or even ftp) instead?

Thank you for your hints
Peter